About Me

Hi Guys - Welcome to Lammy's World of Quilting & Satchels. I'll update my blog with info from the World of Lammy as often as I can, so drop in for news about my latest quilting projects and to see my One-Off! Satchels that I'm working on or have completed. HAPPY BLOGGING! Lammy with love X

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Garden Project

News on the garden project - my garden is alive with red ant nest mounds so we'll have to deal with that as we go as can't risk the children being bitten by the pesky mites. There are zillions of them in each nest in all stages of development. What with them and the occassional Slow worm (urgh!) which I hate, my garden is like the local country park.
It has rained for 2 days now and looks like more on the way - today was very cold and windy...felt quite wintery, but I bet the red ants don't take up residence and move!
No work done due to nasty weather.

Lammy with Love x
(but not for the ants or slow worms!) Anyone want some visitors????

2 comments:

  1. O Yuk, no thank you, I hate those red devils, they give you a nasty nip dont they. Must be something you can put on them, making me itch. We get lots of ants in our garden but the common black ones, hate them too, specially when they start flying. ARGH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently you can just use Chilli powder to kill them in their nests Jan, but I have got special ant-traps to try out first.
    Hope that works then we can move on.
    M XXX

    ReplyDelete