About Me

Hi Guys - Welcome to Lammy's World of Quilting & Satchels. I'll update my blog with info from the World of Lammy as often as I can, so drop in for news about my latest quilting projects and to see my One-Off! Satchels that I'm working on or have completed. HAPPY BLOGGING! Lammy with love X

Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Colourful Batik Quilt

Hi All,



This quilt has attracted some interest for the pattern, so I'm going to add the pattern here. I don't know the official name of the pattern but I saw the picture of the quilt in a quilting magazine many, many years ago and kept it as I loved the design. I've coloured in the sample to show how the colourways alternate, Eg. one square has purple in the centre and lime on the outer pieces of the block; and the other has lime in the centre and purple on the outer pieces. To make it easier to track, I used the same colour (yellow) for one direction of the chevron/arrow on my quilt.
The pattern in 3rd pic above is a square - place the point in one corner (ie. the bottom left) and take your line on graph paper to exactly the middle of the square, for example in a 6 inch square, the line would meet at 3 ins on the sides. So the pattern consists of 2 pieces, the centre is pattern 1 and you cut one and the outer is pattern 2 and you cut 2. (Please also remember to add your 1/4 in seam allowance around all edges).
Hope I haven't made it too confusing...let me know if any problems and I'll do my best to help.
Lammy with Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment