About Me

Hi Guys - Welcome to Lammy's World of Quilting & Satchels. I'll update my blog with info from the World of Lammy as often as I can, so drop in for news about my latest quilting projects and to see my One-Off! Satchels that I'm working on or have completed. HAPPY BLOGGING! Lammy with love X

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Link-up to long-lost family in Canada

Hi All,

Well what can I say but WOW! I finally got started with Skype last week and by chance, I typed in our long lost cousins' names in Canada, and they have Skype too and they Skype-called me last night. I think it's amazing...and to think that we could chat like that for the first time was mind-blowing....and have video link-up too.... and it was free.....

We had a lovely chat about family and quilting and shopping and cows in the back yard and it was fantastic. It's amazing that the separation of the family line happened some generations ago and to look at my cousin, she is so like my Auntie P in Liverpool. Quite weird really - but great.

My sis is also getting her Skype sorted out so we can conference call together - looking forward to that.
Isn't technology just great! And I've had lots of on-line chats with my quilting buddies where we've put the world to rights!
All power to the Quilters!!!! including the nutty ones....x
Lammy with Love x

1 comment: